Welcome to the 3rd INUPRAG symposium on February 21-23, 2023, at Hotel Mimer in Umeå! Our focus will be on Integrative Plant Biology.
Sustainable production of biomass and high-quality food as well as raw materials are one of today’s major challenges of agriculture and forestry. To achieve this goal while maintaining natural resources and biodiversity, plant developmental and physiological processes from the cellular up to ecosystem levels need to be better understood. This symposium will gather a multidisciplinary group of plant scientists from three main European research institutes (UPSC, INRAE and CRAG) for exchanging ideas and developing new collaborations.
Around 40 speakers from the INUPRAG cooperation will present their most recent work and future projects. Our goal is to promote extensive discussions and exchange of ideas in a relaxed and informal atmosphere to facilitate networking and new collaborations.
Join us in Umeå and enjoy the amazing Northern Swedish winter!
The Symposium will be held at Elite Hotel Mimer in downtown Umeå.
Please note that we will charge every participant who is not an invited speaker a minor fee of about 800SEK as contribution to cover the costs for the meeting (the amount might be less depending on the final budget of the symposium which is not finalized yet).
The registration is closed.
Abstract book for download:
INUPRAG 2023 abstract book.pdf
Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG)
- Nicolas Bologna: RNA biology
- Ivan Reyna Llorens: Synthetic biology and photosynthesis
- Maria Lois: Protein regulation in development and stress
- Elena Monte: Environmental control of plant and algae growth
- Soraya Pelaz: Floral induction and development
- Salomé Prat: Light and temperature control of plant development
- Sebastián Ramos-Onsins: Statistical and population genomics
- José Luis Riechmann: Gene regulatory networks in plant development
- Ignacio Rubio Somoza: Molecular reprogramming and evolution
- Robertas Ursache: Plant Cell Wall Remodeling and Adaptation
- Jae-Seong Yang: Computational and synthetic biology
French National Research Institute for Agriculture, Food and Environment (INRAE):
Division of Plant Biology and Breeding (BAP)
- Fernando Andres-Lalaguna: Fruit tree architecture and functions /cold perception and flowering time in apple tree
- Yann Boursiac: Water, signaling and hydraulic architecture
- Marie-Cécile Caillaud: Lipid signalling in plant cell division and organogenesis
- Christian Dubos: Mineral nutrition and oxidative stress
- Kalina Haas: Polymeric ultrastructure of the cell wall polysaccharides
- Rozenn Le Hir: Carbon, allocation, transport and signaling
- Céline Masclaux-Daubresse: Senescence, autophagy, nutritient recycling and nitrogen use efficiency
- Antoine Martin: Nitrate signaling and regulation by the environment
Division of Ecology and Biodiversity (ECODIV):
- Clémence Bonnot: Ecogenomics of interactions
- Marie-Béatrice Bogeat-Triboulot (page only in French): Ecophysiology-drought stress adaptation - root growth
- Oliver Brendel (page only in French): Intra-specific diversity in response to the environment and forest ecophysiology
- Valérie Legué: Root development in trees / Gravity sensing
- Stéphane Maury (page only in French): Epigenetic control of vegetative plasticity of poplar in response to drought
- Leopoldo Sanchez-Rodriguez (page only in French): Quantitative genetics, breeding, modelling
- Claire Veneault-Fourrey: Phytohormones and ectomycorrhiza formation
Umeå Plant Science Centre (UPSC)
- Laura Bacete: Cell wall integrity
- Rosario García-Gil: Forest tree genetics and breeding
- Sandra Jämtgård: Plant nitrogen availability
- Peter Kindgren: Coding versus non-coding transcription in plants
- Alizée Malnoë: Molecular mechanisms of plant photoprotection
- Petra Marhava: Plant acclimation to heat and cold stress
- Peter Marhavý: Short distance communication in response to wound stress
- Nathaniel Street: A systems genetics approach to understanding natural variation
- Kelly Swarts: Tree-ring genomics
- Stéphane Verger: Mechanics and dynamics of cell-cell adhesion in plants